The Light XC has come of age in 2009. No longer can it be viewed as just a school or beginners kite, this new generation is truly the perfect crossover kite for all levels of rider.Progressive power delivery, sharper handling and better all-round performance with smooth bar feel. The Light XC is ideal for intermediates, beginners, schools and wave riders. Low aspect, three strut kite; simplicity without compromising performance
- No longer one pump for simplicity when changing bladders. Often in the early stages of kiting the kite can take a hammering and also in the waves. For this reason we have have taken the one pump off the light this year which makes it more robust.
- Increased bar pressure for a better feel of the kite which makes it more intuitive to fly through the wind range.
- Two handling options- tractor (slower with more bar pressure to have time for the beginner to react) and hot rod (faster lighter bar pressure if you are used to kiting; reacts quicker for wave riding)
- Modified profile increased camber for more grunt and bar pressure.
- Tube Size- increased to accommodate 4 lines and assist with relaunch due to better flotation.
- Modified Plan Form- smoother leading edge curve, to help it roll up on its tip to come off the water quicker.
- Optimized Strut Placement- the outer strut has been moved towards the root for better sail control and to reduce trailing edge flutter- also helps the tip flex for better handling.
- Tube and Top Surface Attachment- Millimeter precise optimization of both the tube size and top surface panels gives us the cleanest leading edge in the business. This enables the air to accelerate quickly over the smooth surfaces enhancing performance across the range.
CHECK OUT THE FEATURES PAGE FOR THE LOWDOWN ON ALL THE NEW DESIGN MODIFICATIONS HERE